Refunds and returns policy
Change of mind
- Tumai Whanau Customs are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind.
- Under consumer law you are entitled to a refund if:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it creates an unsafe situation.
- You can request a free repair, replacement or refund, but you are not always entitled to one as the consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
- If you suddenly want a change of colour or design we are unable to do this unless we haven't already started building. Please contact us and we will let you know if it's too late but we generally start builing the same day or the following day after you order. We take no responsibility for not being able to change the order and we advise you to thoroughly think about what you would like prior to ordering.
You are entitled to return a product if you believe that there is a problem. Buyer is responsible for returning the product if it can be posted or easily returned. We will attempt to resolve any issues prior to using the return option. We will only cover return postage or transportation costs if the product is confirmed to have a problem, so keep your receipts.
When a product is too large, too heavy or too difficult to remove, the business is responsible for paying the shipping costs or collecting the product within a reasonable time of being notified of the
- If the product is found not to have a problem, you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs. An estimate of these costs will be provided to you before the product is collected.
- You do not have to return products in the original packaging in order to get a refund but we do require it to be unused and in the the same condition it was sent in.
- Original freight/shipping fees are non refundable
- Please note you will be charged a 10% restocking fee on all cancelled orders
- We do not offer refunds for covid19 related delays.
- We will do our best to continue getting orders out in time for birthdays or within the estimated time frames but there may be circumstances related to covid19 that are out of our control and as we purchase materials for your items when you order, we are unable to offer refunds.